Background

8.05.2010

night 5.

so, i haven't been sleeping well. this time last week, i was in a schedule. bed at 10, up at 8. repeat. since sunday, i haven't been asleep earlier than 2 am...and still up by 8. and when i am sleeping, i wake up about once an hour. i look like i was punched in both eyes. i am craving sleep like i crave sushi. i don't think i've wanted anything more in my life. does anyone have any suggestions? i've tried tylenol pm. i took two last night without any luck. i'm starting to think if i don't get a full night (read: 6 p.m. to 10 a.m.) soon, i will need to put into a medically induced coma so my brain can function normally again.

obvi, i have a lot on my mind. it's always something. boys. money. puppies. roommates. the bachelorette. work. brides. babies. i really wish that my brain had an off switch. if it did, it would be in the off position for approximately ten weeks. that's how long i think i need before i feel like a real human again.

my insomnia isn't productive, either. in fact, it's counter productive. all i do is eat. and watch tv. my house looks like a boy lives in it. dishes everywhere. food on the counter. i am so embarrassed i can't even look at it. i come in, go to my room, put on sweats and somehow manage to get in the kitchen and out without looking at the growing mess. if only i could motivate myself to clean when i'm not sleeping. this place would sparkle.

the other problem is that all i can hear is crickets. we have a little bit of a cricket problem at work (read: infestation). and now, at home, all i hear is their constant chirping. it might put me in a loony bin. crickets might be the grossest, smelliest insect on the planet. i would much rather have ants (which is what i will have if i don't clean my house tomorrow).

all day today, all i could think about was my bed. now that i can go and snuggle under my beautiful covers with the ceiling fan on, all i do is lie awake. it is SO FRUSTRATING.

i need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment