Background

12.04.2010

christmas spirit.

tonight i put up my christmas tree. it's artificial and i must admit that i miss the christmas tree smell that comes with christmas trees. i might just have to buy a candle to get the feel. tomorrow i'm going to steal (with permission) some lights from my parents and then put the pretty ornaments i bought today on. i'm still looking for a perfect tree topper (let me know if you have any suggestions!) and a tree skirt. details, details, details!

i have been feeling a little wishy-washy about the holidays this year. somedays, i wake up thinking i want my whole house to feel like christmas and other days i wake up and think - who the **** cares? i don't know if its because i have been feeling extra sad and lonely and woe is me lately...but it isn't fun. even this morning i thought - why do i really need a christmas tree? it's just me (and i guess, a roommate that i barely know) in my cozy condo this year. i can get by with just visiting the trees at my grandparents and parents houses...but now that it's up and in the living room, i'm really glad that i have it and i think it may be just the thing to get me out of my funkified mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment