Background

5.31.2010

ahh, summer

it's finally here!

i spent pretty much the entire weekend (when i wasn't working) at mom's house on the lounge chair next to the pool. it was great to read a book, lie there and sweat and become perfectly bronzed. of course, this also means flipping over - which i need to work on. if you look carefully i definitely have a tan line difference between my front and my back. oops!

last night my bff steph came to town for a little girl time. we ate pizza, drank champagne & ended up where k works (drinking more champagne and eating more pizza...). it was so much fun to cut loose for a night and spend the night gossiping with my girlfriend. i miss girl time, i realized, and i am vowing to get some more in this summer.

i also got asked on a date, i think. it's hard to tell since steph & k pretty much made him ask me for my number. but if he calls, i'll go. it's all about meeting people in my new little town!

i have a few summer goals:
- read, read, read
- start getting the condo to feel more like a home (there are still boxes in the living room for goodness sakes!)
- get a really great tan

when i was in nyc a few weeks ago we went to my new favorite store anthropologie. i had been there before, but i think that owning a place to decorate made me fall that much more in love with it. i would like my whole home to be a combo of anthro and crate and barrel. think this:



combined with this:


that's what i'm thinking for the home office. let me know your thoughts!

the most important things to get are shelves for the living room and my bedroom. and a tv for my bedroom (but thankfully, i know a family that has a couple in their living room). i am hoping that i can paint this summer too. this living room definitely needs a little color!


No comments:

Post a Comment