Background

8.18.2009

BI - 08.09




Ever since I can remember, our family has gone to Northern Wisconsin for summer vacation.  My wonderful grandparents first purchased the summer home when my mom and her siblings were children & they too have memories of growing up in the woods.  A few weeks ago, my whole family was reunited to celebrate the cabin's 100 year of being and the peninsula's history.  Each day we ate meals together, read together and laughed together - something that doesn't usually happen for all eighteen of us at one time.  It was so nice to be reunited with cousins that I hadn't seen in over a year or just a few months ago and relax.





I have been busy working on my friend's save the dates.  I've come up with a lot of ideas - hopefully she will like one of them!  I am also working on an invitation for the mama and business cards for the contractor.  Busy bee, that's me!  With all this (potential) work coming to me, I need suggestions for my business name.  My ideas: monica faye productions, little details., and p.s. designs - anyone out there have any suggestions?

Tomorrow night Chef & I are cooking dinner for our friends.  On the menu: salmon with pineapple salsa served over a bed of spinach, crab cakes, and carrot cake for dessert!  Delicious.  Hopefully I will remember to take pictures....

One of my favorite bloggers, Nie was in a horrific accident last August, a year from last Sunday and she recently climbed the Y mountain in Provo (similar to our A mountain in Tucson).  I only recently started reading about her, but she is one amazing woman.  By the time she was twenty five she had four children, which in my book deserves some kind of award.  I encourage all of you to read her blog - she can bring a smile to anyone.  She climbed the mountain because it was the anniversary of her and her husband's accident, a goal she set when she moved back to Provo after coming out of a coma and sustaining burns covering 80% of her body.  The past few days I can't help but to think about her this week.  Her story reminds me that anything is possible if you put your mind to it & of how blessed I am.

happy tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment