Background

2.16.2010

olympics.

Well, I'm a day late. Hopefully not a dollar short.

It's day 5 of the Olympics - oh boy! I am having such fun watching the sports that I only watch every four years (like luge).

That's a good starting point. Like most of the people watching the Olympics this year, my heart and thoughts go out to the Georgian Olympian's family. I can't imagine the kind of pain they are in and I cannot fathom what they are going through. It seems so strange (ok, maybe not the best word) that something this devastating can happen in such a quick minute. I am sure none of us can put into words how we feel about what happened last Friday - except one. Shocked.

But, I don't want to focus on the sad parts. Let's move on to the five good thoughts of the past five days:

1. Canada's first home-gold medal! That was an incredible thing to see and couldn't help but to cheer for Canada over the US in that event. The story behind that athlete is so inspiring as well...I am so happy for Canada.

2. Pairs skating. Tonight, while watching the men's short program, my family and I discussed how much more falling there seems to be in this sport than years previous. Does anyone else feel that way?

3. Speed skating - hooray for collisions! Not really - I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Your Olympic dreams being squashed in .5 seconds. More devastation. But hooray for Apollo! More congratulations will be given to him for sure.

4. Nordic combined - that may have been the most exciting part of the entire Olympics. I can't believe how hard those athletes train! My thighs were burning just watching!

5. Women's moguls - let's just say: how can you go that fast? So fun to watch. And yay for the USA!

I don't think we can not talk about the Opening Ceremonies. Now remember, this is my opinion - but could that have been any more boring?! I couldn't keep myself focused on what was happening. The most exciting part was when the technology malfunctioned! How horrible.

Those are my thoughts so far - how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment