Background

10.02.2009

Inspiration.

for two years, my grandpa (my hero) has been traveling to africa to help children with club foot.
he teaches doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals how to use the ponseti method,
a non-surgecial procedure developed at the university of iowa by doctor ignacio ponseti.
the procedure is uses a serious of casts and is very effective -
he has helped children around the world learn how to walk, dance, jump and play as a 'normal' child could.

in two weeks, my family & i will be participating in a walk to raise
money so that these teachings can continue. it is of course, very close to my heart and something my family is very passionate about.
after the adult 5k race, the children that the ponseti method has helped will walk.
at the end of the walk, dr. ponseti and his wife will be waiting - and the children that he has helped will walk to him.
it will be a beautiful event.

for information on how you can help my family &
the doctors helping children around the world, please visit
anything that you can offer will help improve lives of children.

--

on a less serious note, i'm in iowa this weekend. it's freezing.
it's hard to find motivation to find a job when you're freezing and it's pouring.
i'm currently wearing two pairs of socks. my mom & i put a down blanket on my bed.
but it's wonderful to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment