Background

10.26.2009

even more official!

I started my job. It was exciting - I spent the day stuffing bags for our upcoming wedding shows and sitting in on bridal consultations. I graduated with one of the brides that we met with, which made me realize that I'll probably be working with a lot of past classmates. That'll be pretty fun.

I have a desk. Eventually I'll have a computer. And maybe the most exciting, I have business cards! Don't worry - you will all be getting one.

Yesterday was my first wedding show in Iowa. It was in the enormous town of Tama in the Meskawki Hotel. I think that was the longest I've ever spent in "rural" Iowa (and probably what most of Missouri friends picture when I tell them I'm from Iowa). It was fun to meet brides and other wedding industry people. We all are crazy, we have to be, because we love weddings. It was great to meet other vendors and build those connections!

Today I had the day off. I spent it working on assembly (until I ran out of tape, I'll have to get more before work tomorrow) and design for my two best friends and future brides. Happily, the both loved what I came up with. Here's a snippet of each:


Tomorrow I go back to work for a half day. Then it's off to Columbia to visit with my mom! I'm looking forward to seeing my long lost friends!

2 comments:

  1. i am so excited for you monica! i cant wait to come visit you at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to hear you're enjoying your new job :)!

    ReplyDelete