Background

10.20.2009

It's Official

(By the way, it took me about three minutes to come up with the title of the post - and that's the best I could do.)

  1. I officially live in Iowa City. I finally get to start a "real" life and start over. I need friends.
  2. I officially live in my parent's house. Their living room is a bit of a mess (and my project for tomorrow).
  3. I officially want these boots.
  4. I officially am sad that Flipping Out is over.
  5. I'm officially in a long distance relationship (so far, it's been a good decision for both of us, I'll let you know our thoughts in a month - or a week).
  6. I officially have begun on my first, independent design project & all of the paper has arrived.
  7. I officially want a dog, like more officially than before, I don't like to share one with my mom & Tom. But I do like Emma.
  8. I officially don't have to be a waitress for the rest of my life like Martin & Kaeli. (Haha, just kidding.)
  9. I officially walked a 5k & cheated. (A post on that one later.)
  10. I OFFICIALLY HAVE A FULL TIME GROWN UP REAL PERSON JOB. Thus, completing the job search and putting my stress level a little more at ease.
I feel so blessed to only go two weeks without being employed. I know in this market, it was risky to quit one without having another. I just had a good feeling about the job in Iowa. I'm so beyond excited to start & see where this opportunity takes me.

I went to the interview today, hoping that it wouldn't be a dead end. Right away, we were talking salary, benefits & 401k's. I have a great feeling about the people that I will be working with, but I am nervous about the unknown (of course). It's going to be a lot of work and a lot of quick, fast paced learning, but I know I can handle it. I'm just excited about everything!

I start Friday. That gives me two more days of watching Beverly Hills 90210 until noon and laying in bed all day. I'll begin making the money that I deserve and the responsibility that I deserve. I have a job description that doesn't include things that were never spoken of or never agreed upon. And maybe the best thing, I don't have to sell Christmas merchandise!

I will admit that it was strange to have such an exciting, huge thing happen to me and not have the Chef there to celebrate immediately. It wasn't the same just calling him and telling him. I guess that will be something that we both get used to. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, right?

I start Friday. I'm official!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you big sister!!! I can't wait to come and visit you at your new grown up job.
    Love you!
    ps. you never should have included a link to a shoe website...i'll never get anything done now.

    ReplyDelete