Background

7.10.2009

Cross "blog" off the list


It's hot.

Welcome to my first blog post, Mom!  I'm sure you will be the only one that reads it.  Until the news about it catches on and readers catch on like fire.  (A girl can dream, right?)  I have been contemplating creating this daily-ish blog (no way am I making a daily commitment, I have a life.  Sometimes.) for a while now.  I'm addicted to blog reading and am inspired by blogs that I read.  Like this one, and her.  And this.  My blog addiction started because of my job.  I mostly read about weddings.  Mostly, because I want to be a wedding planner when I grow up.  And I've only attended one wedding (that I can remember).  It was Jewish wedding in Lincoln, NE.  My mom & I left right after the wedding because a) we had to drive all the way back home and b) there wasn't much to do in NE.

Anyway, in high school I loved to write.  College too.  But in college the writing became less fun and more...assigned.  So, now that I've graduated from that dump, I'm moving on to bigger and better things - a blog!

I'm not too sure what I will write about in here.  Probably my life.  My summer resolution is to take more pictures, and now that it is about half way through summer (small tear falls down cheek)I have realized that I haven't taken any.  So look out for those.

And probably some inspiration.  I am inspired by all things design & art.  That includes but is not limited to: pretty things on paper, furniture, books, paintings, photos, etc.  I am also inspired by people that surround me like my fam


(baby sis, big brother & i in Hawaii.)

the boyfriend: 
(chef & i)

and among other people, my boss' dog:

(trip.)

I am sure that you will come to know (and love or hate, your choice) all of the people I have just mentioned. 

I am also inspired by TV.  Sounds silly, but as a recent college graduate living in a college town with all the college people gone, I may be addicted.  I am really inspired by food, and having a chef (wannabe) boyfriend is a good deal for me.  Not so much my middle, but the positives outweigh the negatives.

And I'm inspired by my hometown, Iowa City & the Hawks.



But mostly, I'm inspired by little details.  Duh.

I hope this first post didn't bore you all.  Especially you, Mom.  Because I'm counting on you to spread the word like fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment