Background

7.14.2009

An ode to the Camp I love.

When I was in third grade, I went to Camp Shalom for the first time & I hated it.  I cried pretty much the entire time because I missed home so much.

The next year, I went back.

And until about three summers ago (jeez, has it been that long?!) I went there every summer for as many weeks as possible.  I worked there for two glorious summers and met wonderful little children that forever changed me. I also worked with fabulous Jesus-loving college aged adults and had the time. of. my. life.

Camp Shalom has been a part of my family's life since it was first created.  My mom worked there.  My uncle worked there (Boober!) and met his now-wife (my aunt) at the Maquoketa ool( because there's no pee in it!).  My other uncle worked (or at least went...I'm a little fuzzy on the dets).  My bro worked there (and might have had every counselor/camper girl in love with him.  I worked there.  My little sister worked there...and hopes to again next summer!  Never the less, there is nothing better to me than an evening at camp.  Playing all-camp.  Eating snack.  Singing by the campfire. 

I've been thinking a lot about camp lately.  Maybe it's because I'm jealous that my beautiful sister Kaeli gets to volunteer there in about two weeks.  So. Jealous.

So, I went through my pictures (most of them by the fabulous camp photog, Sarah) and picked out some gems.  MISS YOU, Camp Shalom.






love,
monica faye

No comments:

Post a Comment