Background

7.27.2009

Library Card

It's been awhile - I apologize.

Some exciting things that have happened since I last blogged - Dog Days of Summer Sale Downtown.  There were so many things that I wanted to buy at the boutique down the street!  Being on a tight budget really makes me think twice about spending money.  Although, those jeans were awfully cute, making a car payment is a much smarter idea.  There are more important things in life than cute clothes - like affording groceries for a month.

Today I had my second interview!  It was for the University Hospital and unlike the last one I am kind of excited about it.  I'll basically be a receptionist, checking patients in.  I'll either work in the main hospital or the ER.  Although, I must admit the thought of working in the ER made me queasy (especially when the girl interviewing me said brain matter) I think it would be interesting and ER was my favorite show!  If I can watch it on TV....anyway, I'm not getting my hopes up at all but it has been nice to get some action and go on interviews.  Makes me hopefully that someone will actually want to hire me.  I am going to call the restaurant that I've applied to as well.  FINGERS CROSSED!

This afternoon I am going to go, for the first time, to the Columbia Public Library.  With the dreamy vacation just one week (!!!!) away I will definitely need some reading material.  Don't you just love getting lost in the library?  So many books, so little time.  College reading just wasn't the same...I hate required material.  The thought of getting lost in 7 books (one a day keeps the eye doctor away!) just sounds phenomenal.   Some of my fondest memories from summers in Iowa City involve the Public Library.  And Prairie Lights.  And the poool.  :)

I hope that your Mondays aren't giving you the case of the Mondays.  And reading suggestions are now welcome!

P.S.  The night I posted my snacky post, I went to the store in search of some ingredients.  My favorite magazine Real Simple, had a feature on healthy snacks to get you through the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment