Background

7.21.2009

What's for dinner?

The job hunt continues.  So does life.

But, in the meantime I need your help!  For those of you who don't know, I really dig food.  This hasn't been the case.  In fact, on the (not rare) occasions I clean my plate in front of my family the reminisce about the days I could barely eat 3 grapes and a cube of cheese.  This is no longer the case.

I have a need to eat about every two hours.  It drives boyfriend crazy...because we just ate.  It's the worst, however when I'm at work.  I can't eat anymore crackers or potato chips.  Do you have suggestions of any healthy and easy for on the go snacks that I can eat?  Dinner and to-go lunch ideas are also welcome.

Much like the rest of my daily activities, I don't like to eat alone.  As a communication major they (some professor) suggested (and assigned!) that we go to dinner and a movie by ourselves.  The memories are still painful.  So, living alone it is always hard for me to come up with things to eat.  I can eat anything I want, because it's just me.  But cooking for one is hard and not fun at all.  I also think when you eat alone, you eat too much because you don't do much talking.  Just a thought.

Any suggestions or helpful advice will greatly be appreciated.

In the meantime, I'm going to try a few of the recipes that I've found here.  NieNie (as the blog world knows her) is one of my favorites to read daily.  I won't make the tofu recipes, but some of these baked goods and pastas are just too wonderful sounding to pass up!

love,
monica faye

No comments:

Post a Comment